Thursday, November 15, 2012

Killer Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes

Goodness me! I am trying so very hard to cook my baked goods vegan and it is SO difficult to find good recipes. Honestly guys, I feel like vegan baking should be a bit simpler than baking with animal products, but I guess I'm wrong. 

Lucky for y'all, I have a killer vegan chocolate cupcake recipe that I keep in my back pocket. AND I'm willing to share it with you :) Only thing is, I have yet to perfect the frosting recipe. Once I do I shall post that as well!

If anyone has any tested and truly good vegan recipes, send them my way. I'm setting up a test kitchen this weekend so I'll let you know my findings!

Happy Baking,
Sam <3


Killer Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes

350*F                                  12-16 standards

1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup vegan sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
dash of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 cup strongly brewed coffee (warm)
1/2 cup canola oil
2 t vanilla
2 t apple cider vinegar

Mix everything together in a KitchenAid style mixer with a paddle attachment. Literally all at once. Be sure that EVERYTHING is incorporated together; batter will be super soupy. Fill the liners about 2/3 full and let them go for 18 mins at 350*F for the perfect cupcake. 40 seconds less if you like them gooey like I do. Let them cool and enjoy! (With or without frosting, super moist!)
This is one I did with a coconut frosting!
Now eat them all. Nomnomnom.

No comments:

Post a Comment